„Cultural Participation and Public Health“ is in the focus of the Annual Press Conference of KulturLeben Berlin on 7th of April 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at GRIPS Theater Berlin, Altonaer Str. 22, 10557 Berlin.
KulturLeben Berlin is a non-profit organization, established in 2010, dedicated to promoting cultural participation and social inclusion in Berlin. It is KulturLeben Berlin’s objective to invite low-income earners to cultural events via personal telephone calls. KulturLeben Berlin succeeds in motivating people living in difficult social situations over a longer period to take part in the city´s cultural life. Many of them haven`t been attending cultural events for a long time or never before.
Two evaluations of University of Hildesheim (2011/2013) proof, that 95% of the cultural guests of KulturLeben Berlin feel personally enriched, after having attended cultural offers promoted to them by the association. Participation in cultural life is a basic social need and for many people a quantifier for their individual life quality. We ask:
- Which impact does cultural participation have upon the health situation of people living in difficult social situations?
- Under which conditions can cultural experiences improve health and well-being of socially deprived people?
- How is the impact on people who are supported by social organizations (care facilities for mental disabilities, women’s refuges, centers for homeless people, providers of child and youth services, care facilies for refugees etc.)?
- Which scientific conclusions do exist regarding the interrelation between cultural participation and public health?
In the panel we discuss these questions with experts from the areas of science, culture and social welfare and give an insight into practical experience. Our guests are:
- Dr. med. Ulrich Fegeler, Paediatrician and member of the professional association of paediatricians e.V.
- Philipp Harpain, Artistic director GRIPS Theater Berlin
- Dr. med. Beatrice Moreno MPH MSc, Medical doctor, health scientist and professor, Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf and University of Applied Sciences Berlin
- Sebastiao Pembele, Event manager and & music promoter, initiator & director of „The Earth-Women-Project“
- Frank Pleske, Social worker, MeG betreutes Wohnen gGmbH (sheltered accomodation for migrants)
Host: Angela Meyenburg, founder and CEO KulturLeben Berlin
The Annual Press Conference 2017 of KulturLeben Berlin is a public and costfree event. Representatives of Press and Media are invited as well as interested citizens. Contact: email@example.com